M978 Tanker Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
Do not tear or otherwise damage
coupling gaskets during installation.
If coupling gaskets are damaged,
piping connections will leak.
Do not pinch or pull coupling
gaskets off-center while installing
coupling halves. If coupling gaskets
are damaged or moved out of
position, piping connections will
Loosen all clamps and next
coupling on attaching pipe.
(7) Position coupling gasket (15) over
connections of pipe (16) and
(8) Install two coupling halves (17)
with two screws (18) and nuts (19).
(9) Tighten screws (13).
(1) Install AE AIR ELIMINATOR (para 25-9).
(2) Recirculate fuel (TM 9-2320-279-10).
(3) Inspect flowmeter strainer assembly and piping connections for leaks.
END OF TASK