Winches, Cranes, and Power Takeoff (PTO) Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
Remove pin (7), two spacers (8), and
sheave (9) from boom (5).
Remove bushing (10) from sheave (9).
Remove grease fitting (11) from pin (7).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid injury or death, keep away from open
fire and use in well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets
on skin or clothing, wash immediately
with soap and water.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use
only with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment, goggles,
shield, and gloves.
(2) Dry metal parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect metal parts for breaks, cracks,
(4) Inspect bushing for cuts or nicks.
(5) Replace all damaged parts.
(1) Install grease fitting (1) in pin (2).
(2) Apply grease to bushing (3) and install
(3) Install sheave (4) in boom (5) with two
spacers (6) and pin (2).