Cab and Body Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
16-41. HAV HAND ACTUATED CONTROL VALVE HOSE REEL INLET AIRHOSE
REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (M978) (CONT).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. To avoid injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use in
well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent,
or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and
Replace plastic cable ties as needed.
(1) Apply lubricating sealing compound to
threads of fitting (1) and fitting (2) and
install in swivel fitting (3).
(2) Connect hose (4) at swivel fitting (3).
c. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Start engine and build up air pressure (TM 9-2320-279-10).
(2) Prepare tanker for operation (TM 9-2320-279-10).
(3) Recirculate fuel (TM 9-2320-279-10).
(4) Inspect inlet hose for air leaks and proper operation.
(5) Install left rear mud flap bracket (para 16-20).
(6) Install left side pump module access panel (para 16-48).
(7) Close pump module rear access doors (TM 9-2320-279-10).
END OF TASK