Steering System Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
13-15. HYDRAULIC RESERVOIR STRAINERS REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (M984E1) (CONT).
(1) Clean hydraulic reservoir, nipples, and elbow with dry cleaning solvent and clean, lint-free rags.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi. Use only with
effective chip guarding and personal protection equipment (goggles/shield,
(2) Dry reservoir, nipples, and elbow with compresses air.
(3) Clean strainers with dry cleaning solvent. Inspect for tears, large pieces of contamination. Dry
with compressed air.
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. To avoid injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use in
well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent,
or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and
Coat threads on both ends of nipple (1)
with pipe thread sealing compound and
install in elbow (2).
Coat threads on both ends of two
nipples (1 and 3) with pipe thread
sealing compound and install in
Install elbow (2) on nipple (3).
Install two strainers (5) on nipples (3 and 1).
d. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Install reservoir top plate and gasket (para 13-14).
(2) Fill hydraulic reservoir (LO 9-2320-279-12).
(3) Check hydraulic reservoir for leaks.
END OF TASK