Brake and Air System Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
(1) Remove two nuts (1) and washers (2) from pressure switch (3). Disconnect two wires (4) from
(2) Remove pressure switch (3) from fitting (5).
b . l n s t a l l a t i o n .
W A R N I N G
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
(1) Coat threads of pressure switch (3) with pipe thread sealing compound, and install on fitting (5).
(2) Install two wires (4) on pressure switch (3).
(3) Install two washers (2) and nuts (1).
c. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Connect batteries (para 7-91).
(2) Start engine and build up air pressure (TM 9-2320-279-10).
(3) Check for air leaks (TM 9-2320-279-10).
(4) Shut off engine (TM 9-2320-279-10).
END OF TASK
11-20. PARKING BRAKE VALVE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.
This task covers:
c. Follow-on Maintenance
Compound, sealing, pipe thread, Item 18,
TM or Para
TM 9-2320-279-10 Air system drained.
Special Environmental Conditions