Brake and Air System Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
11-6. REAR BRAKE CAMSHAFT AND SLACK ADJUSTER REMOVAL/
There are two types of spacers. Spacer
without shoulder and spacer with shoulder.
Spacers with a shoulder are installed with
the shoulder facing towards vehicle.
(6) Install camshaft (12) and spacer (13).
Install slack adjuster with adjusting
screw and lock toward brake
chamber and make sure camshaft
lobes are horizontal.
Use enough shims to remove
camshaft end play.
(7) Install washer (14) and slack adjuster
(8) Install shims (16) and retaining ring
(9) Install clevis pin (18) through slack
adjuster (15) and brake chamber yoke
(19) on brake chamber push rod (20).
(10) Install cotter pin (21).