Winches, Cranes, and Power Takeoff (PTO) Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
17-32. OUTRIGGER PADS AND SAFETY CHAIN REPAIR (M977, M984E1, M985) (CONT).
Remove two cotter pins (6) and
chains (7) from outrigger pad plate (8).
Remove two retaining pins (9).
Remove two chains (7) from cotter
pins (6) and rings (10).
Remove two rings (10) from retaining
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. To avoid injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use in
well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent,
or sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap and
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use
only with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment, goggles,
shield, and gloves.
(2) Dry metal parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect metal parts for breaks, cracks, and sharp edges.
(4) Replace all damaged parts.
(1) Install two rings (1) on retaining pins (2).
(2) Install two chains (3) on rings (1) and
cotter pins (4).
(3) Install two cotter pins (4) in outrigger
(4) Install two retaining pins (2) in outrigger