Operators Maintenance (Cont)
3-6.1. CHANGE WHEEL AND TIRE ASSEMBLY (CONT).
(6) Pull cable (5) through wheel (9) and hook to top of cable.
Do not let tire hang in midair for long period of time.
Place tire on carrier or ground as soon as possible. Tire
is very heavy and could seriously injure personnel if it
(7) Soldier A turns handcrank (4) clockwise to raise flat tire (1) just above
carrier (7) while Soldier B holds tiedown strap (8) to steady tire.
(8) Soldier A swings hoist arm (2) so flat tire (1) is over carrier (7) while
Soldier B guides tire with tiedown strap (8).
(9) Turn handcrank (4) counterclockwise to lower flat tire (1) into carrier
(10) Remove tiedown strap (8).