Operators Maintenance (Cont)
(12) Tighten 10 lugnuts (7) in
order shown until they
no longer tighten.
(13) Return all tools to stowage
(14) As soon as possible, take
vehicle to organizational
maintenance and have
lugnuts tightened to torque
e. Stow Flat Tire.
(1) Roll flat tire (1) under hoist arm (2) so deep side of wheel dish (3) is
facing out and away from vehicle.
One Soldier stands on right front fender to operate tire
davit winch while other Soldier stands on ground near
second axle to guide tire assembly into carrier.
(2) Turn handcrank (4) counterclockwise to let out cable (5).
(3) Remove two wheel chocks (6).
(4) Stow wheel chocks (6) on carrier (7).
(5) Pull tiedown strap (8) through wheel (9) and hook ends to hole (10) on
both sides of wheel.