T M 9 - 2 3 2 0 - 2 7 9 - 1 0 - 1
Component Locations (Cont)
1 - 1 0 . L O C A T I O N A N D D E S C R I P T I O N O F M A J O R C O M P O N E N T S
( C O N T ) .
Figure 1-14. M984E1 Wrecker-Recovery Vehicle Components Location.
1. EQUIPMENT BODY. Used to carry AAL, BII, COEI, and repair parts.
2. ACCESS LADDER. Used by crew to clean windows, check oil, or perform other
tasks requiring access to parts of vehicle out of normal reach.
3. MATERIAL HANDLING CRANE. Used to load and unload equipment and cargo.
4. STOWAGE BOXES. Used to stow AAL, BII, and COEI.
5. HEAVY-DUTY WINCH. Used to pull vehicles out of ditches, mud, and other areas as
6. FAIRLEAD TENSlONER. Used to help guide and feed heavy-duty winch cable out
with hydraulic motor. Used also to keep tension on cable when reeling cable back in
7. RETRIEVAL SYSTEM. Used for lifting and towing disabled vehicles.
1 - 2 0