T M 9 - 2 3 2 0 - 2 7 9 - 1 0 - 1
Component Locations (Cont)
1 - 1 0 . L O C A T I O N A N D D E S C R I P T I O N O F M A J O R C O M P O N E N TS
( C O N T ) .
Figure 1-12. M983 Tractor Vehicle (W/Crane) Components Location.
1. ELECTRICAL GENERATOR SET. Provides auxiliary electrical power.
2. MATERIAL HANDLING CRANE. Used to load and unload guided missiles.
3. STOWAGE BOXES. Used to stow BII.
4. ACCESS LADDER. Stowed between generator set and crane. Used by crew to clean
windows, check oil, or perform other tasks requiring access to parts of vehicle out
of normal reach.
5. SEMITRAILER ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR. Supplies power to semitrailer electrical
system through intervehicular cable.
6. FIFTH WHEEL. Couples semitrailer to tractor vehicle.
7. SEMITRAILER GLAD HANDS. Provides air to semitrailer brake system through
1 - 1 8