This task covers:
Tools and Special Tools:
Pan, Drain, 4-Gallon (MIL-P-45189)
Socket Set, 1/2-in. deep (GGG-W-641)
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
Wrench Set, Socket (51200017510)
Wrench, Torque, 15-75 ft-lb (GGG-W-00686)
Wheels chocked (TM 9-2320-279-10)
Wrench, Torque, 0-300 in-lb (2163993)
Engine turned off (TM 9-2320-279-10)
Place drain pan under free flow valve to catch excess oil.
(1) Open hydraulic cabinet cover (1).
(2) Loosen screw (2) and remove connector (3) and gasket (4) from coil (5). Discard gasket.
Note position of coil prior to removal to ensure proper installation.
(3) Remove nut (6) and coil (5) from free flow valve (7).
(4) Remove free flow valve (7) from main manifold block (8).
(5) Remove and discard two backup rings (9), O-ring (10) and o-ring (11) from free flow valve (7).
Coat O-rings with lubricating oil prior to installation
(1) Install new o-ring (11), O-ring (10) and two backup rings (9) on free flow valve (7).
(2) Install free flow valve (7) in manifold (8). Torque to 22 lb-ft (Nm).