This task covers:
Tools and Special Tools:
Pan, Drain, 4-Gallon (MIL-P-45819)
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
Wrench, Combination, 1 3/8 in. (1244)
Wrench Set, Socket, 3/4-In. Drive (FEDSTD353)
Wrench, Torque, 50-250 ft-lb (STW-3RCF)
(1) Open hydraulic cabinet cover (1).
Place drain pan under relief valve to catch excess oil.
(2) Remove relief valve (2) from main manifold block (3).
(3) Remove and discard two backup rings (4) and o-ring (5) from relief valve (2).
(4) Remove and discard two backup rings (6) and o-ring (7) from relief valve (2).
(5) Remove and discard o-ring (8) from relief valve (2).
Coat new O-rings and backup rings with lubricating oil prior to installation.
(1) Install new o-ring (8) on relief valve (2).
(2) Install new o-ring (7) and two backup rings (6) on relief valve (2).