5-22. DIVERTER MANIFOLD REPAIR (continued).
(1) Position diverter manifold (1) in soft-jawed vise.
(2) Remove two adapters (12) and o-rings (18) from diverter manifold (1). Discard o-rings.
(3) Remove four adapters (6) and o-rings (19) from diverter manifold (1). Discard o-rings.
Drycleaning solvent is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes;
and DO NOT breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when
using drycleaning solvent; the flashpoint for Type II is 140 degrees F (60 degrees
C), and for Type III it is 200 degrees F (93 degrees C). Failure to follow this warning
may result in death or injury to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using drycleaning solvent, immediately get fresh
air and medical help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If
solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush them with water and get immediate
When drycleaning solvent is used, notify the local medical authority (preventive
medicine) and environmental coordinator concerning medical surveillance,
respiratory protection, and disposal requirements.
Do not use drycleaning solvent on winch rope (cable). Solvent will soak into rope
strands and rust, causing rope to deteriorate. This may result in the rope breaking
under normal loads and could cause death or injury to personnel.
(1) Clean manifold and components using drycleaning solvent.
(2) Dry all parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect for any foreign material in ports and remove as necessary.