This task covers:
f. Follow-on Maintenance
Tools and Special Tools
LHS Bushing Remover (2215090)
LHS Bushing Remover/Installer (Small)
LHS Bushing Remover/Installer (Large)
LHS Lead Screw (2215080)
LHS Washer (AE30574)
Lifting Device, Minimum Capacity 1950 lb
Pliers Set, Retaining (GGGP00480)
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
Main frame to hook arm winch hoses removed
Adhesive, Loctite 242 (Item 3,
General Safety Instructions
Component exceeds handling weight for one person.
Two people are required for disassembly/assembly.
Hook arm and main frame weigh 1950 lb (885.3 kg). Attach suitable lifting device
prior to removal to prevent possible injury to personnel.
(1) Attach lifting device to hook arm (1) and main frame (2).
(2) Raise main frame (2) and hook arm (1). Remove wooden block and lower hook arm (1) and main frame
(2) to compression frame (3) using a lifting device.
(3) Remove lifting device from hook arm (1) and main frame (2).
(4) Install pin (4) in upper hole of hook arm (1) and secure with lynch pin (5).