BAP WINCH REPAIR (continued).
Cleaning and Inspection.
Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Always wear protective goggles
and gloves, and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and DO NOT breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
(1) Clean all metal parts with drycleaning solvent and rags. Lubricate all O-rings and oil seals with grease.
(2) Inspect all metal parts for cracks, bends, or breaks. Replace any damaged parts.
(3) Check the outside diameters of the piston and the inside diameters of the brake housing for surface
scratches due to contaminated hydraulic fluid. If there is any evidence of damage, polish piston and brake
housing with fine emery cloth.
Discard any springs that have pitted or fractured coils, or measure less than 1.2
inches (30.5 mm) in length.
g. Cable Drum Assembly Installation.
(1) Install new oil seal (47) on final housing (26) so it is flush with final housing (26) rim.
(2) If removed, install new bearing (48) in final housing (26).
Wear safety goggles and use care when installing bearing retainer. It is under spring
tension and can act as a projectile when released. Failure to heed this warning can
result in serious injury to personnel.
(3) Install bearing retainer (33) in final
(4) With the aid of an assistant, install
final housing (26) in cable drum
(5) Install secondary drive planetary
gear (46) on cable drum (37).