This task covers:
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
Batteries disconnected (TM 9-2320-279-20)
Tag, Identification (as required) (Item 23, Appendix E)
(1) Remove six screws (1) and heater compartment cover (2) from cab (3).
Tag and mark wires prior to removal to ensure proper installation
(2) Turn heater compartment cover (2) over and remove screw (4) and wire (5) from terminal no. 2 (6).
(3) Remove screw (7), wire no. 1840 (8), and wire no. 06 (9) from terminal no. 3 (10).
Note position of high idle switch prior to removal to ensure proper installation.
(4) Turn panel (2) over and remove nut (11), lockwasher (12) and high idle switch (13) from heater
compartment cover (2).
Ensure high idle switch is installed as noted during removal.
(1) Install high idle switch (13) in heater compartment cover (2) with lockwasher (12) and nut (11).