4-55.4. REAR ROLLER MOUNTING BRACKET REPLACEMENT (MODEL
This task covers:
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
Rear cable guide removed (if equipped with self-
recovery winch) (TM 9-2320-279-20)
Rear composite light assembly removed
If vehicle is equipped with a self-recovery winch, only seven fasteners
will be removed. The other four are removed with cable guide.
Left and right side rear roller mounting brackets are removed the same
way. Left side shown.
(1) Remove two locknuts (1), screws (2), and rear mud flap mounting bracket (3). Discard locknuts.
(2) Remove three locknuts (1) and screws (4). Discard locknuts.
(3) Remove four locknuts (1), screws (5), and rear roller mounting bracket (6) from frame (7).
Left and right side rear roller mounting brackets are installed the same way.
Left side shown.
(1) Position rear roller mounting bracket (6) on frame (7) and secure with four screws (5) and new locknuts
(2) Install three screws (4) and new locknuts (1).
(3) Position rear mud flap mounting bracket (3) and secure with two screws (2) and new locknuts (1).