This task covers:
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
Rear marker light and mounting bracket removed
Rear side marker lights removed (TM 9-2320-279-20)
(1) Remove six locknuts (1), screws (2), two retaining plates (3), and mudflaps (4) from rear bumper (5).
There are three clips and one plug located on each end of rear bumper.
(2) Remove six locknuts (6), screws (7), and clips (8) from rear bumper (5). Discard locknuts.
(3) Remove two locknuts (9), screws (10) and angle brackets (11) from rear bumper (5). Discard locknuts.
(4) With the help of an assistant, remove four locknuts (12), screws (13) and rear bumper (5) from vehicle
(14). Discard locknuts.
Step 5 is required only if vehicle does not have a self-recovery winch.
(5) Remove three locknuts (15), screws (16), and winch opening panel (17) from rear bumper (5). Discard