4-37. BAP WINCH HYDRAULIC SYSTEM REPLACEMENT (continued).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Drycleaning solvent is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves;
use only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes; and DO
NOT breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using
drycleaning solvent; the flashpoint for Type II is 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), and
for Type III it is 200 degrees F (93 degrees C). Failure to follow this warning may
result in death or injury to personnel.
(1) Clean parts with drycleaning solvent and rag.
(2) Inspect all parts for damage that would make them unserviceable. Replace damaged parts.
Do not tighten captive nuts until all tubes are installed.
Apply a light film of grease on all O-rings and on preformed packing before
(65), and dummy quick-disconnect
coupling halves (2 and 4) on mounting
(2) Install elbow (61) and new O-ring (63) on
bottom of winch motor (53).
(3) Install elbow (56) and new O-ring (58) on
top of winch motor (53).
(4) Install tube nut (50) and tube (51) on
elbow (52) on side of winch motor (53).