4-29. BAP FRONT ROLLER ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (continued).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) If damaged, replace roller and/or shaft.
(2) Remove grease fitting (8) from shaft (6) and replace if damaged.
Drycleaning solvent is TOXIC and
flammable. Wear protective goggles
and gloves; use only in a well-
ventilated area; avoid contact with
skin, eyes, and clothes; and DO NOT
breathe vapors. Keep away from
heat or flame. Never smoke when
using drycleaning solvent; the
flashpoint for Type II is 140 degrees
F (60 degrees C), and for Type III it
is 200 degrees F (93 degrees C).
Failure to follow this warning may
result in death or injury to personnel.
(3) Clean all components with drycleaning solvent
and a rag.
(1) Install front roller (5) in roller housing (4).
(2) Insert shaft (6) partway into hole in roller housing (4), and slide thrust washer (7) onto shaft (6).
(3) Using one hand to hold roller (5) in alignment with shaft (6), slide shaft (6) through roller (5).
Make sure grease fitting (8) and slot in shaft cap (3) are facing out.
(4) Align slot in shaft (6) with edge of roller housing (4).
(5) Insert shaft cap (3) in slot and align with holes in roller housing (4).
(6) Insert two
through two new lockwashers (2) and into roller
d. Follow-on Maintenance:
END OF TASK