10. MODIFICATION PROCEDURES.
a. Battery Removal.
Remove battery box cover (1) from battery
gases. To prevent injury to per-
sonnel, keep sparks and flame
away. DO NOT smoke near bat-
(2) Remove two nuts (3) and screws (4).
DO NOT pry between terminals
and top of battery. Prying can
cause damage to battery case. If
the cable cannot be removed by
hand from the post, use a terminal
(3) Disconnect two negative terminals (5)
from battery posts (6).
(4) Remove one nut (7), Iockwasher (8), and
screw (9) from rear terminal (5).
(5) Remove three negative battery cables
(10) and STE/lCE wire (11) from terminal